More than 800,000 professionals across industry verticals have chosen the PMP® Certification by PMI®, USA to get Global Recognition of their Project Management Competency and Earn up to 30% More than Non-Certified Professionals!
The program is essentially based on Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) propounded by The Project management Institute, U.S.A. and would facilitate preparation for PMP certification exam.
This program would cover the overall perspective of project management along with PM processes and knowledge areas. The program is designed in a way to help professionals to understand and develop an insight into the implementation aspects of the framework in the context of Software Development and IT projects along with Process Improvement and Implementation Projects.
- PMP Project managers earn 30% more than non-PMP project manager.
- Project manager
- Team Leads
- Project Associates
- Project Assistants/Engineers
- Project Analysts
- Project Coordinators
On completion, the participants would be able to:
- Develop a perspective on Project Management practices and the evolution of to-day’s dependence on excellence in PM implementation based on PMBOK® (Project Management Body of Knowledge) Framework.
- Articulate the differences between PM Processes, PM Knowledge Areas, Product Development Processes, Project Lifecycle, Program Management and Portfolio Management
- Articulate the difference between Project Needs, Requirements & Deliverables
- Understand Critical Path Method (CPM) and Program Evaluation and Review Technique (PERT) and usefulness of these techniques to a manager.
- Understand the nature of problems in project planning – plan to take care of issues related to managing project changes & risk.
- Understand the Communication Requirement for effective PM – its nature, processes, tools / techniques as decision support information to stakeholders.
- Understand the Risk Management Process in perspective of Project Life Cycle.
- Understand the team dynamics and management of project progress to achieve project objectives.
- Develop a perspective on integrated Cost & Schedule Control– Earned value Management and its applications.
- Understand the organizational & HR context in which the Project Manager’s role takes shape.
- Introduction To The Course
- Define key PM concepts
- Reasons why PM in needed
- Trends in PM
- Project Life Cycle Models - Purpose & Types
- Product v/s. Project life cycle
- Role of Phase reviews in PM
- Role of Project Manager
- Initiation Process Group
- Planning Process
- Execution Controlling & Closing Process
- Approaches in Org Structure and its impact
- Functional v/s. Matrix v/s. Project Based Structure
- Generic Responsibilities of Project Managers
- Assessing interpersonal skills and development needs
- Project Integration Management
- Project Scope Management
- Project Time Management
- Project Cost Management
- Project Risk Management
- Project HR Management
- Project Quality Management
- Project Communication Management
- Project Procurement/Contract Mgmt.
- Project Stakeholder Management
- Generic Responsibilities of Project Managers
Project & Program Management Guru (PMP PMI® Certified)
Hirdesh is having 22 plus years of rich experience in both corporate and
academics. He has worked in multiple industries. Majority of his experience
has been in project & program management in various industries ranging
from Petrochemical to IT & Consulting. He is also an ACC (Associate
Certified Coach) from ICF USA.
Hirdesh was with Tech Mahindra for a more than a decade and led Project & Program Management Center of Excellence & Vertical Schools. As the Global Head, PMCOE, he was responsible for creating sustainable system and environment for program & project management and developing & enhancing the project and program management competency of its associates. He developed the Project Management Methodology which the Company patented. Before Tech Mahindra, he was also a Project Management consultant & Consulting Editor of a Project Management magazine – “Projects & Profits”. In last two decades, he has personally trained more than 10,000 professionals across the globe.
A widely travelled executive to provide services to Fortune 100 customers. He has also been a passionate volunteer to various professional organizations and associations.
Hirdesh was awarded Top 40 under 40 Young Trainer 2009 Award from Training Magazine, USA. First Indian to receive this global honor. He was the Program Director for Project Management Institute (PMI) India Conference 2009 and He was the member of Management Advisory Group (MAG) for REP, PMI USA between 2010 & 2013. He was also the Vice Chairman of Indian Society of Training & Development, Hyderabad Chapter. He led Project Management Academy of PMI PCC being its Board Member during 2007 – 09.
Professional Certifications: ACC from ICF, PMP, PMI – ACP, Six Sigma Black Belt, PRINCE2 Practitioner