The most important thing while learning C++ is to focus on concepts. The purpose of learning a Programming Language is to become a better programmer - that is, to become more effective at designing and implementing new systems and at maintaining old ones. C++ is used by hundreds of thousands of programmers in essentially every application domain.
You may expect to gain complete in-depth basics of the C++ programming language by the end of Part 1 and 2 of this course.
The next part is "Advanced C++"
C++ is a very strong programming language. Leading software companies complain that they have a high demand of good quality of C++ programmers. If you’re hired as a C++ programmer, chances are pretty good your new employer will ask you to check out the code, and you’ll definitely want to know how to do that without asking.
Junior C++ developers start at around £22,000-£35,000. Developers with two years' C++ and banking experience can earn £40,000 or more.
You may check the current job openings in C++ here https://www.naukri.com/c-plus-plus-jobs
Don't look at the solved solution, before doing the project yourself.
Build Simple Search Engine (SSE)
SSE is a simple application that can be used to search within text file on a system.
Following is a summary of the requirements from the Requirements specification.
1. Keyword Search: Search for a given keyword and return the set of documents containing the keyword. Rank the query results based on how frequently the keyword has appeared in the documents.
2. Case-insensitivity: Keyword searches should be case insensitive.
3. Logical operators: Define logical operators AND and OR that can be used to compose a complex query.
4. Phrase matching: Phrases that are enclosed in quotes should match exactly.
5. Stemming: An asterisk (*) at the end of a keyword should match all endings of the word.
6. The result of a query should be a set of path names ordered in descending order of the number of occurrences of the keywords.
SSEngine solved - 178 KB